with Stem Cells, Senescent Cell Removal and Infusions
at ANOVA IRM in Offenbach, Germany
None of us can travel back in time. So what is anti-ageing and rejuvenation about? To answer this question, we have to understand the processes behind ageing.
With ageing, the normal functions of our bodies work less well compared to young age. Also, diseases are more prevalent with advancing age.
Both functional deficits and diseases manifest themselves at a macroscopic level, affecting tissues and organs like skin and heart. But they originate from changes on the cellular and molecular level, resulting in genetic, metabolic, inflammatory, immunological and neoplastic pathologies. As science progresses new anti-aging strategies are developed.
Aging - Science - Therapies - Medication - Stem Cell-Treatments - Diagnostics
As aging is a complex process, effective anti-ageing and rejuvenation thus requires a comprehensive approach. On this page, we summarize the comprehensive anti-ageing and rejuvenation treatments we have developed at ANOVA Institute for Regenerative Medicine in Offenbach (near Frankfurt/Main) Germany and how we can help you stay younger and live a more active and healthy life.
A comprehensive anti-aging strategy should include:
- Disease prevention and early detection
- Aerobic exercise, resistance training (strength work) as well as stretching, flexibility, and balance
- Metabolic optimization: Food, food additives, infusions, prescription medication
- Hormonal optimization/substitution
- Senescent cell removal
- Stem cell and Stem Cell Secretome Therapies
- Topical application of systemic medication (skin and hair)
Jump directly to the following topics:
- ANOVA anti-aging program
- Disease prevention and early detection
- Our exosome treatment
- Prescription drugs for anti-aging
- Nutrition and AA prescription drugs
- Workflow of the treatment process
- Diagnostics of pain-causing defects
- The ANOVA difference: targeted treatment
- You want a second opinion
- Sources and Literature
Comprehensive Anti-Aging Program at
ANOVA Institute for Regenerative Medicine - Offenbach, Germany
Diagnostics, Drugs, BMC Stem cells, Secretome/Exosomes, PRP
Disease Prevention and Early Detection
Anti-Ageing begins with disease prevention and early detection. Modern medicine affords effective ways to detect diseases at an early, curable stage. These range from genetic and molecular diagnostics to high-resolution imaging of the whole body. The best way to avoid the negative effects of illnesses are the prevention of disease. Early detection of diseases improves the chances of curing them or at least slow-down their progress. Modern medicine offers a wide range of tests to achieve this:
- Laboratory tests for metabolism, hormones, tumor markers, vitamins and minerals
- Genetic tests revealing increased risk for certain diseases
- Functional tests of the heart, vessels, lungs, kidneys etc.
- Imaging tests, such as whole- body MRI, coronary artery CT, low-dose CT of the lungs (for smokers), cardiovascular sonography, virtual colonoscopy, osteo-densitometry, etc.
Whole-body MRI can detect tumors, degenerative changes of joints and the spine, atherosclerotic narrowing of vessels and the resulting lack of blood supply to the heart, brain or kidneys, early neurodegenerative changes of the brain, problems of the liver, pancreas and gastro-intestinal tract – to name just a few.
At ANOVA Institute of Regenerative Medicine we use modern imaging technologies to elucidate even the minutest changes in our patients’ bodies – to stem the progress of age and disease:
- Calcium Scoring: The number one predictor of heart attacks
- Virtual Colonoscopy: Colon cancer screening without the need for endoscopy
- Low-dose lung screening: Early detection of lung cancer for smokers
- MR Mammography: The only effective breast cancer screening modality
- MR Angiography: Evaluation of vessels and blood supply throughout the body
- Prostate-MRI: Early detection of prostate cancer for men
- Cardio-MRI: Comprehensive assessment of the heart
- CT-Osteo-densitometry: Precise assessment of bone mineralization
Our specialists will advise you, which tests are most appropriate for you and your specific health concerns.
Prescription Drugs for Anti-Ageing
Certain prescription drugs have shown potential as effective therapeutics to treat conditions that go in parallel to aging. Many patients show signs of pre-diabetes or chronic inflammation that contribute to aging. Some treatments do have side-effects such as general metabolic optimization or senescent cell removal that are synergistically positive.
We advice you on prescription drugs such as:
MSEC - Mesenchymal Stem Cell Secretome - Exosomes - Autologous
As aging is a continuous process we treat most anti-aging patients with MSEC (secretome, exosomes, EVs) of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC, AD-MSC, adipose-derived, fat-derived stem cells) which we harvest from the patients belly in a mini-liposuction (very brief and limited liposuction) under slight sedation. Worldwide, ANOVA is the first stem cell clinic to acquire legal permission form the responsible governmental authorities and therefore, offers high quality, safe and legally-controlled autologous (own) exosome-containing secretome.
The main advantage of MSEC is that in contrast to living stem cells would loose their therapeutic potency, can be frozen without loss of exosomes. This enables us to produce 10-20 injection doses from one liposuction which can then be administered over a longer treatment period. This is especially advantageous for long-term anti-aging treatment. What a Secretome/Exosome is and how they compare is explained on our overview page. Read more about stem cell and anti-aging below.
BMC - Bone Marrow Concentrate - Autologous
Autologous (patients own) BMC are our main therapy option for locally-restricted inflammatory conditions as it is a one-donation-one treatment option.
In such cases we treat specifically this region or these joints with targeted, localized BMC injections. BMC contains autologous meaning patients own, adult stem cells (hematopoietic and mesenchymal stem cells in natural composition) which we isolate and concentrate from your pelvis crest in a short process under slight sedation.
These stem cells are supposed to inhibit the inflammation thereby relieving you from pain and to stimulate regeneration of the joint cartilage or bone. For an on-going therapy, we combine BMC with PRP (platelet-rich plasma) or Hyaluronic Acid (HA, see below). More information about this type of stem cell therapy is summarized on our page an BMC.
PRP - Platelet-Rich Plasma - Autologous
PRP is a comparably inexpensive experimental therapy as platelets (thrombocytes naturally containing growth factors and stimulants) are isolated from autologous (own) blood without isolation of stem cells. For anti-aging, we use PRP often in combination with BMC and is administered in-between BMC treatments to continuously support the anti-inflammatory effects. Besides this, PRP is well-known as a stimulant for wound healing for skin or as a measure against hair loss. More on PRP (as a combination therapy) is summarized on our PRP overview page.
Hyaluronic Acid - HA
Another, cost efficient supportive treatment is injection of hyaluronic acid into affected joints.
Especially in early cases, this can reduce pain and result in a better "lubrication" of the joints. Bone parts do not crunch directly on another after HA injection.
Hyaluronic acid alone, on the other hand, is not expected to have regenerative effects on the damaged cartilage or bone.
Therefore, we usually combine HA with BMC treatment and HA is given
Our stem cell treatments are experimental, but we only treat patients for whom we believe the risk/benefit ratio indicates treatment based on the state of the art, i.e., medical, scientific evidence.
- Kyong-Oh Shin, Dae Hyun Ha, Jin Ock Kim, Debra A Crumrine, Jason M Meyer, Joan S Wakefield, Yerin Lee, Bogyeong Kim, Sungeun Kim, Hyun-Keun Kim, Joon Lee, Hyuck Hoon Kwon, Gyeong-Hun Park, Jun Ho Lee, Jihye Lim, Sejeong Park, Peter M Elias, Kyungho Park, Yong Weon Yi, Byong Seung Cho "Exosomes from Human Adipose Tissue-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Promote Epidermal Barrier Repair by Inducing de Novo Synthesis of Ceramides in Atopic Dermatitis". Cells. 2020 Mar 10;9(3):680.
- Congxiu Ye, Yunqing Zhang, Zhen Su, Shuxia Wu, Yuxia Li, Jinling Yi, Wei Lai, Jian Chen, Yue Zheng "hMSC exosomes as a novel treatment for female sensitive skin: An in vivo study". Front Bioeng Biotechnol. 2022 Oct 21;10:1053679.
- Xin Wang, Qiuhong Wang, Panpan Yin, Chen Liang, Xiaohui Zhao, Dingke Wen, Yi Tan "Secretome of human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cell maintains skin homeostasis by regulating multiple skin physiological function". Cell Tissue Res. 2023 Jan;391(1):111-125.
- Hao Xiong, Jin Yang, Tao Liu, Guangren Liu, Yongzhi Han, Xiuqin Dong "Stem Cells from Human Exfoliated Deciduous Teeth Attenuate Atopic Dermatitis Symptoms in Mice through Modulating Immune Balance and Skin Barrier Function". Mediators Inflamm. 2022 Jul 21;2022:6206883.
- Sung Youl Kim, Tae Hong Yoon, Jungtae Na, Seong Joon Yi, Yunseok Jin, Minji Kim, Tae-Ho Oh, Tae-Wook Chung "Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Extracellular Vesicles Derived from Canine Adipose Tissue Ameliorates Inflammation, Skin Barrier Function and Pruritus by Reducing JAK/STAT Signaling in Atopic Dermatitis". Int J Mol Sci. 2022 Apr 27;23(9):4868.
- Barbara Bellei, Emilia Migliano, Mauro Picardo "Therapeutic potential of adipose tissue-derivatives in modern dermatology". Exp Dermatol. 2022 Dec;31(12):1837-1852.
- Hongli Zhao, Lijun Hao, Xinyao Chen, Ruoxue Bai, Sai Luo "An Efficacy Study of a New Radical Treatment for Acne Vulgaris Using Fat Injection". Aesthet Surg J. 2021 Jul 14;41(8):NP1061-NP1072.
- Xiaoxi Li, Sai Luo, Xinyao Chen, Shasha Li, Lijun Hao, Dan Yang "Adipose-derived stem cells attenuate acne-related inflammation via suppression of NLRP3 inflammasome". Stem Cell Res Ther. 2022 Jul 23;13(1):334.